Position: Software Engineer
Location: Edinburgh, Remote
Working pattern: Flexible working of 32 or 36 hours per week around core hours of 10:00 to 15:00
Salary: £30K to £48K based on 36 hours per week
At Firefinch Software we create custom software and data science solutions, specialising in the Life Sciences sector.
The work we do varies from small proof-of-concept data analyses and prototype applications up to large systems which companies run their core business on every day.
Our clients are diverse and include instrument manufacturers, academic start-ups & spinoffs, and contract research & manufacturing organisations.
Since then we have rapidly grown to include specialists from many different fields, including recruiting extensively from CodeClan who provide employees with a diverse range of backgrounds having come to software engineering as a second career.
About the role
As a software engineer at Firefinch Software, you would be involved in a mix of ongoing work for existing clients and new projects.
We build web & desktop applications, and use a diverse variety of technologies. We typically use C# and Typescript but often find ourselves writing Python, Java, and R. We enable our staff to grow their skills in the directions they wish, and if you have experience in similar technologies we’d be happy to help you build your expertise.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as part of a small, friendly, and supportive team in a successful organization.
Day to day, you would:
- Work on full stack applications with support from more senior colleagues.
- Collaborate closely with clients through the entire product development lifecycle.
- Receive feedback and guidance from colleagues.
- Gain experience in a diverse range of technologies.
Skills & experience
- Proven or demonstrable experience in a programming language
- Experience using cloud platforms – E.G. AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Knowledge of HTML, JS/TS & CSS
- Knowledge of agile techniques, such as Kanban & Scrum
How we work
You would have the opportunity to either work primarily remote with occasional visits to the office as required for project work, or fully in our fantastic Edinburgh city centre office.
Salary & benefits
- Salary range: £30K to £48K based on 36 hours per week.
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- Flexible working of 32 or 36 hours per week around core hours of 10:00 to 15:00.
- Matched charity donations up to £500 per year.
- Generous budget allocated for training.
- Compressed hours – you will have the option of working your hours across 4 days instead of 5.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave.
- Pension Scheme.
- Modern equipment and tools – we’ll provide a high performance laptop and licenses for your tools of choice, for example Jetbrains IDEs.
How to apply
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct applicants only. No recruitment or outsourcing agencies please.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from the right candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief or race.