We’re a consultancy who create custom software and data science solutions, specialising in the Life Sciences sector. Founded in 2017, our clients include instrument manufacturers, academic start-ups & spinoffs, and contract research & manufacturing organisations.
The work we do varies from small proof-of-concept data analyses and prototype applications up to large systems which companies run their core business on every day.
As a member of the team, you would be involved in a mix of ongoing work for existing clients and new projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as part of a small, friendly, and supportive team in a successful organization.
Day to day, you would:
- Develop full stack applications, taking a lead on substantial features
- Collaborate closely with clients through the entire product development lifecycle.
- Provide feedback and guidance to colleagues and clients.
- Gain experience in a diverse range of technologies.
- Have the opportunity to become involved in data science work, if that is of interest.
Skills & experience
We expect you to have a strong knowledge of at least one programming language. You should be proficent in some of the following areas, and for the remainder we will offer on the job training as needed.
- Front end: HTML, JS & CSS. React, Angular, or a similar web framework.
- Back end: Any object-oriented language such as C#, Java, Python.
- Tools: Source control, containerisation.
- Knowledge of the Life Sciences sector.
- Cloud experience.
- Data science experience, particularly with R or Python.
- Agile techniques, including Kanban & Scrum.
How we work
We are currently working fully remotely, but long term you would have the opportunity to either work partially remotely (up to 3 days a week) or fully in our Edinburgh city centre office.
Salary & benefits
- Salary range: £45K to £55K.
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- Flexible working around core hours of 10:00 to 15:00.
- Matched charity donations up to £500 per year.
- Choose your own hardware. £2,000 budget to spend as you desire.
- Generous budget allocated for training.
- Compressed hours – you will have the option of working your hours across 4 days instead of 5 (though may be intermittently not possible depending on client needs).
- We’ll provide licenses for your tools of choice, for example Jetbrains IDEs.
How to apply
Please contact us as at email@example.com.
Direct applicants only. No recruitment or outsourcing agencies please.