We’re a consultancy who create custom software and data science solutions, specialising in the Life Sciences sector. Founded in 2017, our clients include instrument manufacturers, academic start-ups & spinoffs, and contract research & manufacturing organisations.
The work we do varies from small proof-of-concept data analyses and prototype applications up to large systems which companies run their core business on every day.
As a lead developer, you would be involved in a mix of ongoing work for existing clients and new projects.
For this role, we’re looking for someone who can take a lead role on projects involving a heavy amount of signal processing or high level instrument control work, and the ideal candidate would have experience working for a life sciences or instrumentation company as a software engineer.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as part of a small, friendly, and supportive team in a successful organization.
Day to day, you would:
- Develop full stack applications, taking a lead on substantial features
- Collaborate closely with clients through the entire product development lifecycle.
- Provide feedback and guidance to colleagues and clients.
- Gain experience in a diverse range of technologies.
Skills & experience
- Strong knowledge of an object-oriented language such as C#, Java, Python.
- Experience in data heavy applications – either signals/image processing, ML, or algorithmic work.
- Front end: HTML, JS & CSS. React, Angular, or a similar web framework.
- Tools: Source control, containerisation.
- Cloud experience.
- Data science experience, particularly with R or Python.
- Agile techniques, including Kanban & Scrum.
- Experience working for a life sciences or instrumentation company.
How we work
We are currently working fully remotely, but long term you would have the opportunity to either work partially remotely (up to 3 days a week) or fully in our Edinburgh city centre office.
Salary & benefits
- Salary range: £55K to £65K.
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- Flexible working around core hours of 10:00 to 15:00.
- Matched charity donations up to £500 per year.
- Choose your own hardware. £2,000 budget to spend as you desire.
- Generous budget allocated for training.
- Compressed hours – you will have the option of working your hours across 4 days instead of 5 (though may be intermittently not possible depending on client needs).
- We’ll provide licenses for your tools of choice, for example Jetbrains IDEs.
How to apply
Please contact us as at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct applicants only. No recruitment or outsourcing agencies please.